Stonegate HOA Accomplishments
1. Had the pool pergolas re-strained using insurance money from hail damage to the pergolas
2. Had the sand in the pool pumps replaced
3. Changed landscape companies improving quality of service
4. Pool gate repaired for proper closing
5. All 6 back up batteries replaced in front and back gates to ensure proper openings during power outages.
6. Sixteen photinias added as replacements for ones that have died in the cul-de-sac areas
7. Flower beds reworked with new fresh amended soil to promote healthier, growing flowers
8. Welcoming committee expanded to six members and process made accessible on website for committee's ease of use
9. Stonegate's flag program expanded to include sale of the Texas Flag for Texas Independence Day
10. Tree removed blocking north of property creek trail for ease of movement to lake.
11. Creek gate re-welded on
12. Six new umbrellas purchased for pool area. Hose holder added at pool for neatness.
13. Contacted the city to monitor the pools of vacant foreclosed homes for health and mosquito control until occupied
14. Playground "Kiddie Cushion" added for protection (60 bags of Jemasco pine bark mulch).
15. Held a neighborhood Memorial Day celebration with barbeque, popcorn and cotton candy and games for the kids!
16. Metal windscreen welded onto the fence at the playground.
17. Pool closet cleaned out.
18. One pool toilet replaced. All 4 pool toilet covers replaced. Non-skid finish sprayed (Rustoleum)onto pool bath floors.
19. ET irrigation controller replaced in guard house with $125 rebate obtained from the city.
20. Front entryway privacy fencing replaced for uniformity and improved drive in appeal. (1501 Kingsbrook added 15 linear ft to north facing fence at their expense & 1417 Kingsbrook added 42 linear feet to their south facing fence at their expense). Irrigation checked bordering this fencing to prevent overspray causing damage or bleach marks.
21. New street signs purchased replacing any that were faded by exposure
22. Back exit gate replaced after auto accident, retaining wall repaired from a second auto accident
23. Two more large bed sections were planted along Hardin with Asian jasmine to be filled in to accommodate for excessive shade. Additional mulch was put down in areas of heavy shade along Hardin.
24. The neighborhood tree policy was specified to preserve the original intent of the community as well as the city requirements of requiring a tree of a certain size to be in every lot's front yard.
1. Website updated with a push to get everyone signed up now with a total of 157 homes connected. HOA agendas, meeting minutes, end of year financials posted thruout the year. Architectural Request process streamlined online. Electronic voting made available. Flag purchase made available online. All neighborhood related info and documents made available and updated. Website template updated and photos added increasing site’s attractiveness and ease of use.
2. HOA push to make sure that the CCR’s are being followed and the enforcement process is fair and even handed. Policies and process made available online.
3. Delinquencies reduced by HOA maintaining a timely and consistent follow thru of the collection process following the communities governing documents.
4. New management company selected, saving community money while improving service.
5. Began offering an annual irrigation check for residents by licensed irrigator Rick Polser for convenience and made available at a good price to participating residents.
6. Wrought iron fencing replaced at the end of Ellington Ct.
7. Wind screen replaced at the pool area, choosing a more permanent solution of wrought iron screening.
8. Continued American Flag program with a total of 121 out of 171 homes with the neighborhood’s sale of the flag kit.
9. Deck-o-Seal replaced around both pools.
10. Pool pump timer added to save on utilities and wear and tear on pumps.
11. On volunteer day with the help of residents, asian jasmine was added under the Live Oaks at the front gates. Carpet rose bushes added to lower bed at back gates. Liriope moved from front beds to Edgestone pool bed and back gates. Irrigation was adjusted to better water the new plantings area.
12. Irrigation wiring that crossed the street at the front gate was redone by burying. Zones along Hardin now water more efficiently.
13. Phase II of brick walls complete, stretching from Hardin/Provine corner to inside the west side of back gate.
14. Phone access codes adjusted for community, cell phone numbers now able to remotely open gates from in-calling guests.
15. Welcoming Chairperson welcomed 13 new homeowners and 4 new renting families to our great neighborhood.
16. Online neighborhood directory by alphabet and streets updated and made available on the website.
17. Gate remotes now sold thru the management company rather than replaced without charge, saving money for the HOA.
18. Three dog poop bag dispensers placed in the community; two are next to trash cans for ease of use.
19. Gate removed from playground and sign posted for “No dogs allowed” to keep that area clean and safe.
20. All new required HOA policies put together and recorded and posted on website.
21. Selected new pool service company saving the community money and getting better service.
22. Neighborhood real estate comps kept for neighborhood info revealing that our homes sell quick (average 15 days) and average price per sq. ft. has risen ($76.40 sq.ft. as of 11/9/2012
23. New pool light timers installed. Auto fill replaced.
24. New garage sale signs purchased so additional signage is now at back gate and at Hardin/Provine corner.
25. Fallen trees removed, damaged fence panels replaced.
26. Applied for tax rebate on HOA electricity with over $300 in rebate money.
27. Guard house and pool house roofs replaced due to hail damage with insurance coverage.
28. HOA hosted a hot dog roast on Halloween night to serve the community before trick or treat time.
29. A community sign up day for certain home improvements offered from a qualified home contractor/carpenter for ease of accessibility to quotes and/or information; organized by the HOA.
1. Replacement of the first portion of community brick wall panels will begin, rebuilding 50 wall panels this year. Worked with Acme Brick to custom make brick to match our current and to increase the brick size to help with wall longevity. Sprinkler direction checked/adjusted in residents' yards to protect new panels as much as possible.
2. Rust sanded off, bare spots primed and 2 coats of Rustoleum paint applied to wrought iron fencing along N Hardin and creek line.
3. Regular and consistent notification via email & message board of all HOA board meetings dates and times for availability of any resident to attend
4. Board meeting minutes and quarterly financial reports posted on web site for all residents to see
5. Fence stain colors selected to offer residents options that will assist in creating some consistency throughout our neighborhood thus improving overall appearance. Samples placed up in pool playground area.
6. After painting fence line, the City of McKinney provided four "No Dumping" signs placed on creek fence at no cost to Stonegate.
7. Six Live Oaks along Provine thinned out
8. Renegotiated phone bill to decrease yearly expense
9. Resident teen, James Greenhaw picked up trash on the north side of the creek line for Green Cord hours. Thank you, James!
10. Reserve Study done to make sure we are on track financially for long term care of Stonegate
11. After unit was stolen, replaced the back gate entry opener paid for thru insurance
12. Volunteer day organized to add Kiddie Cushion to playground, playground equipment bolts tightened for security, Asian jasmine planted at pool beds, shrubs added to north side of pool to fill in gap, drainage rocks at creek line replaced, trash picked up
13. Pools replastered (baby pool done free), new pool light fixture put in, flow meter replaced, 3 skimmer doors replaced, auto fill repaired, tiles replaced, ladder fixed, pool furniture re-strapped where needed
14. Pool parking lot stripes re-painted, basketball goal painted, new net added
15. Painted the upper part and gutters of pool house
16. New windscreen put up between pool & playground
17. Went thru the rebidding process for our pool service company saving money without sacrificing service
18. Had every tree on property looked at and checked for health by a certified arborist.
19. Had plant growth out of sewers removed
20. Replaced two 70' section of wrought iron fencing along Hardin that fell
21. Held 2nd annual Splash Bash at pool with resident DJ, JP Gregoriew
22. Had all beds spiffed up with a new annual color design for summer
23. Removed all rusty landscape edging and started trench edging instead
24. Added additional irrigation to the corner monument bed to allow for better growth of annuals
25. Expanded areas of mulched beds to cover heavily shaded areas where turf would not grow
26. Created a separate Architectural Control Committee made up of one board member and two residents along with the addition of a streamlined communication method for approvals via the SBB Management Company web site
27. Renegotiated irrigation repair expenses saving money
28. An increase in gift certificate value from $35 to $40 now given by North Texas Lawn & Landscape for Yard of the Month winner in addition to the $25 from Calloways
29. New stop sign replacing worn out looking sign at Willowdale (west facing) and Westmont, repainted frame surrounding
30. Switched electric company providers decreasing cost from .09 to.06 cents kw/hr for next 2 yrs starting early Sept. 2011.
31. Three newsletters put out, notice of gate code flyer, flyer to increase web site sign up which now reaches a total of 139 residences out of 171 homes (minus 3 unoccupied) linked into the community's broadcast email ability
32. Stonegate directory updated and placed on our website for residents to refer to or print out if desired
1. Three outdoor electrical outlets added to front gate area to be able to light American Flags on patriotic holidays and to have improved Christmas lighting decor for 2010.
2. Had the northern fence line dug out due to erosion and then much of the area seeded with shade tolerant fescue to prevent future erosion and improve appearance.
3. Worked with the City of McKinney Streets and Sewers Dept. to clear out a 5 foot width of area on the city's side of the northern fence line to prepare fence for repairs and painting and a permanent plan put in place with our landscape company to maintain this area all without any additional charge to Stonegate.
4. Reworked the heavily shaded area north of the pool and adding shade tolerant fescue seed to prevent erosion and improve appearance with seed/water being the only expense to Stonegate.
5. New Stonegate directory created, printed and delivered to residents.
6. Close monitoring of Stonegate's landscape company to make sure we are getting everything promised with a big improvement in commons as a result Renegotiated landscape contract, taking out less important work while adding new responsibilities without any additional cost to Stonegate.
7. Gates continually repaired (what's new), hinges greased.
8. Shrubbery around the pool playground cut back to allow for better viewing and security.
9. Community's Easter Egg Hunt planned and successfully executed.
10. Two trees donated by the Hill family were planted, one placed along Hardin & the other down in the Birchmont area.
11. Organized a Spring Pool Party planned with resident, JP Gregoriew as DJ and Audrey Ross baking a cake for 80, event with bounce house, food, prizes & fun games included.
12. New Resident Welcoming Chairperson created that meets with all Stonegate newcomers, sharing Stonegate info and welcoming them to our awesome community.
13. Six large dead trees removed from the Birchmont area to avoid potential accidents.
14. 8' ladder purchased to ease replacement of light bulbs throughout community.
15. Stonegate's website developed and maintained providing information and highlights for our community.
16. Began posting quarterly fiscal reports and monthly HOA meeting minutes on community's web site for residents.
17. New signs made for gates (Crime Watch) and pool (No Lifeguard on Duty & Pool Safety Rules). Stonegate's Pool Rules sign moved to breezeway for better visibility.
18. After front gate keypad was hit by car, a new keypad was installed with a concrete bollard added for protection along with improved lighting for keypad visibility at night at no additional cost to Stonegate. New fire dept. emergency access controls installed.
19. Shelving and storage areas added to the guard house to maximize storage for Christmas decor, etc. thanks to resident Jim Norton. Organized everything, purchased totes. Guard house cleaned up.
20. Top soil and mulch added to the unsightly exposed tree roots along Hardin and mulch added under Live Oaks and Crape Myrtles on Provine improving commons appearance at no additional cost to Stonegate.
21. Overgrown and misshapen junipers around guard house removed and replaced with better suited Nandinas at no additional cost to Stonegate.
22. Pool closet and bathroom doors, bathroom stalls and pool gate entry painted. Both pool house toilets and pool faucet repaired.
23. Irrigation system retrofitted with all ET Controllers so that community can be better irrigated throughout week when necessary.
24. New pool lights & timers installed.
25. New Architectural Guidelines established to make it easier for residents to find info for proper architectural modifications.
26. Pool deck expansion joints replaced in areas where needed.
27. HOA audit for 2009 completed with Thomas & Associates.
28. More retaining wall work was done to repair loose rocks in 3 areas.
29. Several large dead trees and fallen tree limbs removed in Birchmont area, large Live Oak limb removed from setting on top of Provine perimeter brick wall. All other smaller Crape Myrtle limbs removed from contacting brick wall.
30. Splitting Live Oak located up at the east side of pool playground area repaired at no additional cost to Stonegate.
31. Handicap sidewalk ramp repaired at the north end of Westmont.
32. HOA board handed out free ice cream and popsicles by driving the neighborhood in "pseudo" ice cream truck form, with silly music and decorations, the day before school began.
33. Removed unattractive street sign at Westmont and Provine, asking the city to reattach onto the more decorative light pole/stop sign for improved appearance at no additional cost to Stonegate.
34. Seven bent spindles in back gates and large bent post on front exit gate replaced and painted, all gate hinges greased again.
35. Rusty exterior grates and fan cover of AC compressor out back of guard house scraped and painted eliminating an eyesore as you enter/exit the neighborhood.
36. Unused timer from the front gate moved and placed on the back gate entry side set to open during school bus drop off time so that kids can walk thru reducing potential damage to both pedestrian gate and drive thru gate.
37. New pedestrian walk thru gate lock replaced on side gate.
38. Contacted all 3 McKinney High Schools to get name on list for Green Cord volunteers assistance.
39. Boston Ivy planted behind corner monument which will increase attractiveness of monument as vine matures and is maintained properly.
40. Thanks to the volunteer efforts of resident teens, Nick & Brad Mills (earning Green Cord hrs) and Sebastian Hardy, fescue seed put down again to increase grass density and reduce erosion in bare areas throughout the commons with seed being only cost to Stonegate.
41. Dead Photinias removed, Willowdale cul-de-sac bed replanted with 18 Nellie R. Stevens hollies, irrigation improved in that bed for better watering of new plantings.
42. Drainage areas outside of the pool house & deck improved by adding dirt, french drain moved to more appropriate area and Asian Jasmine planted to prevent further drainage erosion.
43. Landscape lighting(16 lights) along the Birchmont area walking path repaired.
44. Broken sidewalk square along Birchmont replaced.
45. Interviewed several property management companies, contacted other neighborhood HOA boards to ask about opinions, experiences and specifics of their property management companies to make an informed decision about Stonegate's new management company.
46. Rust sanded off, bare spots primed and 2 coats of Rustoleum paint applied to pool/playground area & front & back gates wrought iron fencing
1. Pool furniture was re-strapped with the help of volunteering Stonegate residents.
2. Three large beds under Crape Myrtles along Provine were created and planted with groundcover to prevent erosion with the help of Stonegate resident volunteers.
3. Corner monument beds (Hardin & Provine) and Provine monument re-worked, enhancing appearance and allowing for seasonal color with flowers.
4. Retaining walls as you exit the Provine gate repaired.
5. Landscape lighting along Hardin and into Provine corner monument repaired.
6. Lighting at Provine monuments lifted 1 foot to better shine light on the Stonegate name.
7. Light fixtures at corner of pool house repaired, bulbs replaced.
8. Christmas decorations updated.
9. Purchased new poolside tables and umbrellas for spring 2010 pool opening.
10. Irrigation system fixed and detailed with help from resident and irrigation specialist, Dave Krueger
11. "Kiddie Cushion" added to playground area with the help of Stonegate residents.
12. Stonegate "Yard of the Month" program, sponsored by Calloways & N. TX Lawn & Landscape began and continues with $45 of gift certificates awarded to resident winners thruout the year.
13. Stonegate started a fall/spring flower sale in fall '09 to offer residents and friends quality seasonal color at exceptional prices & convenient pick up thanks to our landscape company North Texas Lawn & Landscape.
14. Stonegate American Flag Program began spring '09 and continues, now totaling 113 resident flags purchased out of 171 homes along with 14 community flags flown on patriotic holidays with most community flags lit at night. Began selling light kits for flags in 2010.